The heart of Provence lies amongst the hills situated between the Mediterranean sea of the Côte d’Azur and the Alp mountains. These hills with its medieval villages, local farmers markets, landscapes, culture, vineyards and lavendar fields attracted numerous painters who immortalised certain cities such as Arles (Van Gogh) and Aix-en-Provence (Cézannes).
Avignon, the city of popes, is another reputed city of this region renowned for its theater festival and as the capital of the Rhone wines.
Must Vacations creates custom made personalised itineraries in this vast beautiful region of Provence to discover :
To the North of Avignon, is the famous vineyards of Chateauneuf-du-Pape, Gigondas, Vacqueyras and Beaume de Venise, the Roman city of Orange with its antique theater, the beautiful villages of Séguret and Sablet at the foothills of the small mountain chain called ‘Dentelles de Montmirail’.
To the East and North-East is the regional park of Lubéron (Vaucluse) with iits picturesque villages of Bonnieux, Ménerbes, Lacoste, Oppède, Gordes, Bories, Roussillon with its orchre landscape, the beautiful Abbey de Sénanque surrounded by lavender fields, the lovely town of L’Isle sur la Sorgue with its antique shops, the natural water source – Fontaine de Vaucluse and Apt with its famous market.
In the Alpilles to the South, we have the pretty villages of Baux-de-Provence and St-Remy-de-Provence and the city of Arles and Van Gogh. In the south west, the magestic roman monuments of Nimes or visit one of its olive groves and mills and learn the secrets of how olive oil is made. To the south east is the wonderful city of Aix-en-Provence with its historical centre, colourful local market and picturesque streets in the footsteps of Paul Cézanne.
In the Alps-de-Haut-Provence (East of Lubéron) you can visit the spectacular Gorge du Verdon, the towns of Forcalquier, Digne-les-Bains, Manosque, Sisteron, the lavendar plateau of Valensol, the picturesque villages of Simiane-la-Rotonde, Dauphin, Riez, Moustier-St-Marie to name a few and the lakes in the Mecantour park.
Further up North from Lubéron is the region of the Drôme Provencal which although is not adminsitratively part of Provence, contains all the ingredients of a provençal department. From the lavendar fields on the Sault plateau to the beautiful villages of Montbrun-les-Bains, Buis-les-Baronniers, La Garde Adhémar, Le Poët-Laval, Rochebrun, Vercoiron, Valaurie, La Laupie amongst many more and the olive groves around Nyon, this region merits a visit.
- Milan from A to Z (Complete Guide)
- Tuscany at a Glance: Siena with Children
- What To Visit in Venice in 24 Hours
- Tourist attractions in the Vatican City
- Tourist attractions in Cyprus
- Tourist attractions in Ukraine
- Tourist attractions in Malta
- Travel Around the World with World Travel Guides
- Finlandia Hall in Helsinki, Finland
- Burgers’ Zoo in Netherlands
- Artis – The Oldest Zoo in the Netherlands
- The City of Gdansk in Poland
- Krakow – The City of Cultural Tradition and Ancient Architecture
- Lake Balaton in Hungary
- The Swiss Alps
- The Royal Palace in Stockholm, Sweden
- Christinae Church (Christinae kyrka) in Gothenburg, Sweden
- Gamla Stan – The Old Town in Stockholm, Sweden
- Vigeland Sculpture Park in Oslo, Norway
- The Lutheran Cathedral in Helsinki, Finland
- Germany’s River Cruises
- The State Library of Bamberg, Germany
- The Gardens of Germany
- Sibelius Monument in Helsinki, Finland
- Bregenz Attractions
- Joyful Cologne
- Four Tourist Spots in Germany
- Särkänniemi Adventure Park in Tampere, Finland
- The Fascinating Glamis Castle in Angus, Scotland
- Eiffel Tower in Paris, France
- The Vatican City and St. Peter’s Basilica in Rome
- Alsace Tours – Traditional Alsace Highlights
- Provence Tours
- Glamour on the French Riviera – Côte d’Azur
- Bordeaux – The Wine Capital
- Burgundy – Wine and Gastronomy from Dijon to Montachet, along the golden slope
- Champagne – An Exclusive day in a famous Champagne House
- Mont Saint Michel – Marvel of the Western World
- Loire Valley – The “Valley of Kings”
- Paris – The city of Lights