Milan is the city of fashion, delicious food, culture, and art. It incorporates a unique combination of attractions, which makes it a top traveling destination. If you’re heading to chic, beautiful Milan, consider our recommendations of places you should visit.
It goes without saying that Leonardo da Vinci’s masterpiece is a top attraction in Milan you shouldn’t miss. Nonetheless, do bear in mind that getting tickets is rather difficult, considering that this is one of the world’s most valuable art pieces. Therefore, we suggest you purchase the tickets in advance. The experience of admiring the fresco is unrivaled to any other.
- Marvel at the view from Il Duomo’s Terraces
The splendid, towering Il Duomo is the definition of magnificence. Its construction lasted for 500 years, and the result is glorious. Nonetheless, apart from the beauty of the architecture, and the remarkable attention to detailing in the finishing of the sculptures, nothing compares to the view you get as you climb to the terraces. As you discover it, Il Duomo unravels its imperial statues and spires, some being carved from pink Candoglia marble. The views over the city are stunning. There’s a memory that will stay with you long after your visit.
- Go back in the past by visiting Villa Necchi Campiglio
Far from Milan’s jammed streets, Villa Necchi Campiglio is excellently preserved, transporting travelers into a different, past realm. There, you’ll discover a world featured by glamor, immaculate taste, and good manners. This is, unquestionably, a must-stop-by if you’re an admirer of 20th-century architectural style.
- Window Shopping at Galleria Vittorio Emanuele
A visit to Milan couldn’t be perfect without admiring the world’s most magnificent shopping mall if you could put it this way. Galleria Vittorio Emanuele dates back to 1867, and it follows the same principles as today’s shopping malls. The difference, however, is that glamor and splendor feature it.
The marble floor and mosaics, together with the imposing arcade are some of the features that make this gallery a must visit. If your budget allows you, you can dare to enter the stores of the most prominent figures in the fashion world.
This castle built in Renaissance style is another landmark that speaks of Milan’s history. The spacious courtyards, beautiful arcades, and secret passages are some of the reasons you should visit the castle. However, the exhibits are also interesting, not to mention that the castle hosts one of da Vinci’s most valuable sculptures the Pietà Rondanini.
- Get on a tram, and enjoy some dinner
Milan has a beautiful collection of trams dating from the 20th century. If you wish to taste a new experience, get on tram number one, which takes you to Milan’s most representative monuments. You can also schedule an evening ride on ATMosfera, a vintage tram that serves dinner and wine.
And finally, for a perfect trip, you should choose the most convenient, hassle-free transport solution from the airport to your accommodation. Booking your airport transfer is advisable, particularly if you’re visiting the city for the first time. Get you your address fast and easy, and choose the assistance of a reliable, professional driver. No waiting in line at the airport, which means more time for visiting this stunning city!
- Milan from A to Z (Complete Guide)
- Tuscany at a Glance: Siena with Children
- What To Visit in Venice in 24 Hours
- Tourist attractions in the Vatican City
- Tourist attractions in Cyprus
- Tourist attractions in Ukraine
- Tourist attractions in Malta
- Travel Around the World with World Travel Guides
- Finlandia Hall in Helsinki, Finland
- Burgers’ Zoo in Netherlands
- Artis – The Oldest Zoo in the Netherlands
- The City of Gdansk in Poland
- Krakow – The City of Cultural Tradition and Ancient Architecture
- Lake Balaton in Hungary
- The Swiss Alps
- The Royal Palace in Stockholm, Sweden
- Christinae Church (Christinae kyrka) in Gothenburg, Sweden
- Gamla Stan – The Old Town in Stockholm, Sweden
- Vigeland Sculpture Park in Oslo, Norway
- The Lutheran Cathedral in Helsinki, Finland
- Germany’s River Cruises
- The State Library of Bamberg, Germany
- The Gardens of Germany
- Sibelius Monument in Helsinki, Finland
- Bregenz Attractions
- Joyful Cologne
- Four Tourist Spots in Germany
- Särkänniemi Adventure Park in Tampere, Finland
- The Fascinating Glamis Castle in Angus, Scotland
- Eiffel Tower in Paris, France
- The Vatican City and St. Peter’s Basilica in Rome
- Alsace Tours – Traditional Alsace Highlights
- Provence Tours
- Glamour on the French Riviera – Côte d’Azur
- Bordeaux – The Wine Capital
- Burgundy – Wine and Gastronomy from Dijon to Montachet, along the golden slope
- Champagne – An Exclusive day in a famous Champagne House
- Mont Saint Michel – Marvel of the Western World
- Loire Valley – The “Valley of Kings”
- Paris – The city of Lights