The Loire Valley located in the centre of France between Sully-sur-Loire and Chalonnes-sur-Loire (280km) has been classed as a UNESCO World Heritage site for its beautiful cultural landscape, with its historical towns, magnificient castles and wine.
We create individual tailor made holidays in the castle and wine region of the Loire valley and organise guided visits to any of the following architectural monuments not mentioned in our suggestion above :
- Château de Cheverny
- Château de Blois
- Château de Amboise
- Chateau de Vallençay
- Clos Lucé – Leonardo de Vinci last home
Other routes to visit the Loire valley and its outstanding cultural landscape and heritage includes :
- Historic town of Tour with castles to the East of Tour : Blois, Amboise, Loches or Chaumont-sur-Loire
- Historic town of Tour with castles to the West of Tour : Azay-Le-Rideau, Château d’Ussé, Villandry
- Historic town of Saumur with a visit of the Château de Brézé, the Abbey Fontevraud and vineyards
- Historic town of Anger with tastings of the wines of the Côteaux du Layon and visits of the Châteaux de Serrant
- A hot air ballon ride with the owner of a private château in Sologne, visits of château de Valançay, Cheverny or Chambord and tastings of the regions wines – Cour-cheverny and pyramid goat cheese from Valançay.
- Wine and gastronomy tours on the Côteaux du Pouilly-Sancerre wine road from Pouilly-sur-Loire, home to the famous Pouilly-Fumé wine until Cosne-Cour-sur-Loire with its Côteaux de Giennois vineyards
We aim to try to help you bespoke your holidays in the Loire region with a well balanced mix between cultural visits and activities such as cooking classes, visits of vineyards, wine and cheese tastings, promenades on bicycles along the banks of the Loire river, between vineyards and castles, views of the spectacular region from the sky, boat cruises along the Loire river amongst others.